Did you know that most women are genetically and hormonally predisposed to cellulite? Other factors like smoking, lack of exercise, poor diet and physiological status may also contribute to induction and/or worsening of cellulite.
There are three classes of cellulite:
- Class 1 – when no spontaneous dimpling is observed, and the “orange peel” skin appearance is only seen when the skin is pinched.
- Class 2 – spontaneous dimpling of the skin is present while standing and disappears while lying.
- Class 3 – spontaneous dimpling of the skin is present while standing and lying.
Fortunately, there is a solution! The Velashape III is the latest in cellulite and non-invasive fat reduction treatments. It is a body contouring method that helps you achieve visible reduction of fatty cellulite areas of your arms, back, thighs, bottom, abdominal area and flanks without undergoing surgery.
- No downtime
- Visible results in as few as 2 treatments
- Significantly reduces cellulite across desired areas.
- Overall centimetre loss.
Overall centimetre loss:
- Improves overall tightening of the skin.
- Perfect for tightening of loose skin on tummy after pregnancy.
How many treatments do I need?
While treatment is individual; we recommend one treatment per week for 4 to 6 weeks, and maintenance treatment once a month initially, and every 3 to 6 months thereafter. It is important to remember that results will last longer in those who follow a balanced diet and regular exercise regimen.
Which areas of my body can be treated?
For body contouring and skin tightening VelaShape treatment may be performed on the neck (double chin) and lower jowl line (to improve facial contour). For reduction of cellulite, body contouring and circumferential reduction, and skin tightening VelaShape treatment may be performed on the back (bra line), love handles, arms, stomach, buttocks and upper thighs.
Is VelaShape safe for everyone?
It is safe for all skin types, and does not have any short-term or long-term health effects, except mild superficial bruising in some individuals. VelaShape treatments are not recommended for individuals with BMI (Body Mass index) higher then 30 (BMI>30), and are contraindicated in patients with varicose veins and oedema, due to lymphatic drainage problems.
How does it work?
- The vacuum increases the circulation by opening the compressed blood vessels.
- The mechanical massage by the rollers of the VelaShape VSmooth applicator aids in draining the excess intercellular fluids and toxins secreted from the fat cells into the lymphatic system.
- IR and RF provide heating of the dermis (deeper skin layer) and subcutaneous fat tissue, respectively, so that fat lipolysis (break down of fat) takes place and the fat cells diminish in size.
- Both vacuum and rollers also help to reduce the size of the fat cells by draining excess fluids into the lymphatic system.
- This is accompanied by heat stimulated shrinkage of the connective tissue septa.
- All of the above physiological processes facilitate the overall shrinkage of the size of the fat chambers, thus leading to a reduction in the appearance of cellulite and a reduction in the circumference of the treated area.
- VelaShape treatment provides a noticeable skin tightening effect due to mechanical and heat stimulation of dermal fibroblasts – skin cells responsible for synthesis of collagen.
- Stimulation of fibroblasts initiates synthesis of new collagen. Heat produced by IR and RF also shrinks the existing collagen fibres and visibly improves skin texture.